Leopard upgrade with Parallels

Reaction score
Has anyone done the upgrade on Tiger that has Parallels (latest version) installed ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Yep. Worked fine on my MB. I had my XP installed on it's own partition via the Bootcamp route so it wasn't touched by the upgrade (that I know of). Anyhow, after the 10.5 upgrade I launched XP using Parallels and everything worked fine (USB drives, internet, DVD drive,etc). I'm using Parallels v3.0 build 5160.
Dave

OP
D
Reaction score
Yep. Worked fine on my MB. I had my XP installed on it's own partition via the Bootcamp route so it wasn't touched by the upgrade (that I know of). Anyhow, after the 10.5 upgrade I launched XP using Parallels and everything worked fine (USB drives, internet, DVD drive,etc). I'm using Parallels v3.0 build 5160.
Dave

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I am using Parallels, latest version, and I did a clean Leopard install. After re-installing Parallels and draging my parallels "C:" drive from an external disc and copying all my settings back, it works fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I went the upgrade route on my MBP and wife's iMac Intel and Parallels/Windows XP Pro works with no problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Intel 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM. Also; Intel Macbook 2Ghz, Intel MacMini 1.83Ghz
Has anyone done the upgrade on Tiger that has Parallels (latest version) installed ?

Hi. On a MBP I had Tiger & Parallels v3 5162 - upgraded to Leopard. Parallels was behaving strangely, error messages on screen about time-out on mounting the C drive, memory release messages etc. Removed and re-installed, better, but still misbehaves is machine goes to sleep with Parallels active. I believe Parallels needs more work on Leopard and was fundamentally more stable and robust under Tiger. I am considering the Bootcamp root or vowing to kick the habit completely.
Wobs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Before my Leopard upgrade I ran the latest v of Tiger. I had some of the same problems that Wobs mentioned (mounting:C drive, sleep errors, etc) when I was running XP solely as a virtual machine. For whatever reason, most of these problems seemed to disappear after I installed XP via Bootcamp then used it as the Parallels XP target. I have no idea why it worked better on my box this way, but it did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Intel 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM. Also; Intel Macbook 2Ghz, Intel MacMini 1.83Ghz
I am considering the Bootcamp root or vowing to kick the habit completely.
Wobs

Kicked the habit - Parallels is a waste of time and not robust under Leopard.:Angry:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
Kicked the habit - Parallels is a waste of time and not robust under Leopard.:Angry:

version 5162 was a beta version maybe the reason for your issues. The current build is version 5582 and todat works perfectly for me with Leopard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
version 5162 was a beta version maybe the reason for your issues. The current build is version 5582 and todat works perfectly for me with Leopard.

Thanks Reel1 - this is good news, I will give it whirl - cheers Wobs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.