Ram upgrade ?

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I've got a simple question: I've ordered a white macbook with 1Gb Ram and want to upgrade to 4Gb (2x2Gb) on my own. Because 4Gb Ram from Apple is just ridiculously overpriced! - I've read on some forums that there can be Kernel panics with some RAM chips. I've found a very cheap Kingston Ram Chip, I've trusted Kingston ever since, but want to make sure if they would fit my macbook well and cause no problems?
Has anyone got any experience with those ones:

http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/con...h+3rd+Generation&distributor=0&submit1=Search
I would just buy 2 2Gb Ramchips and that's it then.

Thank you very much.
Flo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
I have never used kingston most of the people I know use crucial. I am sure if the site says there compatible they probably are.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
Kingston is fine. Newer Macs aren't as sensitive to RAM as people think they are, at least in my experience. Just about any good quality memory will work in them... Anything that's causing kernel panics is either really, really, really cheaply made or it's a bad stick.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks, especially to geeky :)
It's good to know that it would work.
But is here someone who can say from personal experience that Kingston Ram chips work fine in his macbook? Or even that THOSE Kingston Ram chips I posted, work flawlessly with his macbook?

Thanks for any advice and response in advance.
Greetings
Flo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" white 2.16Ghz, 2Gb ram, 120gb hd
Hey Flav i have 2x1gb kingston ram chips and it's been working perfectly fine for the past few months since i had them in. No kernel panics or anything. Just make sure you get the right ram chips

OP
F
Reaction score
Thank you very much, dude :)
By "the right Ram" you mean, Ram chips especially made for Macbooks?
On the Kingston webpage it says that the ones I already posted above are made for Macbooks.

Anybody else got a positive or negative comment about the Kingston RAM Chips I listed? - Just want to get a little bit more sure. :)
Thanks in advance.
Flo

OP
F
Reaction score
One thing I just realized:

Is there any difference between the RAMs I would need for a Mb 2.16Ghz without the Santa Rosa chipset and a Mb 2.2Ghz WITH the Santa Rosa Chipset?
Cause the Santa Rosa Chipset hasn't been out for that long, I was just wondering if I would have to be careful with what I would buy. Or doesn't that even matter at all?

Thanks so much in advance.
Flo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
Doesn't matter, all Intel Apple laptops to date take the same kind of RAM; DDR2 SODIMMs at 667MHz (PC5300 or PC5400)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.