Everything wiped!! plz help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X Lion
Hey guys,

I just came back from a friends house where I was studying and she was playing around on my mac, changing the networking settings, and who know's what else, and I think she changed my short username in the finder. Anyway, I just got home and restarted it, and all my settings are gone, and everything has gone back to when it was like brand new, with the original background and dock. Everything I open is asking to be setup again like mail, adium and safari, and my itunes is empty!!! aaaaaahhh!!

If anyone know's what's gone wrong please help me out here. I'm stressin' jus a little lol.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X Lion
Check real fast and open System Preferences, Users and see if there are now 2 user folders there, one with your old Short Name. Read this URL and do what it says.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107854

OMG! your a legend brother, it worked a charm, you just saved my bacon! cos I got an exam 2morow. Thanks for the quick and useful response, your a credit to this community!!!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Glad I could help and that it saved your work for your exam.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.