Help! Something screwy with my font...

Reaction score
Okay so I was downloading and installing fonts earlier for my Macbook Pro. I think I was clicking around too much when installing the fonts and now when I go to certain pages my text is in that font.

Observe:
http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4462/picture1cn0.png

Very annoying! I don't want Metallica font all over my stuff haha. I've tried everything but I'm pretty new to Mac. I can't find any helpful info at all. Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
I have this exact same problem. I'll create a thread about it too, hopefully we can get this resolved.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I have this exact same problem. I'll create a thread about it too, hopefully we can get this resolved.

Is this system wide or just in Safari? If Safari open Preferences for Safari and the Appearance tab and see what the Font is set to. My Standard Font there is Times 16 and the Fixed Width is Courier 13.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Are you installing the fonts with FontBook

I would delete them from FontBook and use Linotype's Font Explorer to manage your extra fonts

Its free by the way and better suited to large font libraries.

M

MacHeadCase

Warning: You do NOT delete anything from FontBook!

Let's be careful with the advice we give in M-F.

Once installed, FontExplorer X takes over the fonts: you import the fonts using this app and you can build sets with it, ask it to look for font conflicts, duplicates, corrupted fonts, enable and disable fonts at will.

You could also run FontNuke to clear out the font cache thoroughly but if you really do run Leopard, I dunno if it is compatible. In Tiger it works flawlessly for me though.

And doctor_shim, read dtravis's post there are good pointers in there. Resetting Safari could also help in some cases.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.