Design Premium Install Issue

Reaction score
Hello,
I've been trying to install Adobe CS3 Design Premium on my mac and the installer has been running into issues. The Adobe Setup Initializing window comes up, but for some reason the bar above says "function (token, subexp1)" without the quotes. After the bar runs through and the setup starts I get the following error: "Javascript alert. Critical errors were found in setup Please see the setup log for details". I looked through this, couldn't find any obvious problems. I searched online and it seemed as if other people who had Adobe CS3 Beta installed had this problem. I tried running CS3CleanScript as the forums suggested, but still have the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Reaction score
I've just had exactly the same problem - did you find a solution?

Hello,
I've been trying to install Adobe CS3 Design Premium on my mac and the installer has been running into issues. The Adobe Setup Initializing window comes up, but for some reason the bar above says "function (token, subexp1)" without the quotes. After the bar runs through and the setup starts I get the following error: "Javascript alert. Critical errors were found in setup Please see the setup log for details". I looked through this, couldn't find any obvious problems. I searched online and it seemed as if other people who had Adobe CS3 Beta installed had this problem. I tried running CS3CleanScript as the forums suggested, but still have the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but I actually fixed this a few days back. I had previously installed Safari 3 Beta, and the installer is not compatible with this beta. Use the uninstaller provided by Apple to remove.

M

MacHeadCase

Oh my!... Who would have guessed Safari and CS3 could interfere with one another? :eek:

Thanks for reporting back, misterboulder.

Reaction score
any joy?

I've just had exactly the same problem - did you find a solution?

Did you sort out the install of the CS3 i had exactly the same prob - i think cos i didn't deactivate them first but now what can i do, they are uninstalled.

M

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.