• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

COD4 for Nintendo DS but not for MAC!!

Reaction score
One of the game I anticipated the most this year and they rather make it for DS and not for Mac... :Grimmace:

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
One of the game I anticipated the most this year and they rather make it for DS and not for Mac... :Grimmace:

You could always install and run it via Boot Camp, if it means that much to you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
YES!!! It's freaking CRUMMY. It really stinks, I was wanting COD4 for the mac as well. Hopefully it'll come out, or a 3rd party will take it and convert it over. I'd really love to have it on OS X.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, High Res, 2GB Ram, 2.4Ghz processor Core 2 Duo
hey guys you never know, it could be released in a few months on mac, Seen as we have cod2 i wouldn't doubt that it will be on mac in a few months, i wont buy it as i am getting on 360 but yeah =]

OP
T
Reaction score

because the mac is not made for games lol.... I dunno, after I install it, I have a lot of x marks under the min. specs that the iMac cannot meet.... anyone got Rainbow 6 Vegas running on their iMac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
because the mac is not made for games lol.... I dunno, after I install it, I have a lot of x marks under the min. specs that the iMac cannot meet.... anyone got Rainbow 6 Vegas running on their iMac?

Are you trying to run it in boot camp or in a virtual machine?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
because the mac is not made for games lol.

OS X is not designed for games...but once you boot Windows, your essentially not using a mac anymore...just mac hardware.

The hardware on the newest line of iMacs is above and beyond what it calls for minimum system requirements and is probably better than alot of dedicated PC gamers rigs out there, so you either did something wrong or have no idea what your talking about! ;D

OP
T
Reaction score
OS X is not designed for games...but once you boot Windows, your essentially not using a mac anymore...just mac hardware.

The hardware on the newest line of iMacs is above and beyond what it calls for minimum system requirements and is probably better than alot of dedicated PC gamers rigs out there, so you either did something wrong or have no idea what your talking about! ;D

Should I be using VMware or Paralel Desktop? I thought they are both the same type of thing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
I am using VMware so a virtual machine... does it make a difference?

Ok, there's your problem. Running 3D intensive games in a virtual machine is a bad idea. You are severely handicapped in doing so. In a virtual machine you have to share resources between the host os and the guest os. You effectively have half the horsepower and you don't have anywhere close to the full power of the graphics card. If you want to play any 3D Windows only games you need to install Bootcamp.

OP
T
Reaction score
Ok, there's your problem. Running 3D intensive games in a virtual machine is a bad idea. You are severely handicapped in doing so. In a virtual machine you have to share resources between the host os and the guest os. You effectively have half the horsepower and you don't have anywhere close to the full power of the graphics card. If you want to play any 3D Windows only games you need to install Bootcamp.

ah icic... thanks for the info! I will get on the boot camp :Evil:

Reaction score
It's the DX 9.x and 10 that's the issue

The issue with parallels, vm ect.. is the directx emulation. They've worked around some of the earlier DX 9.x problems, but still don't have a way around the later 9 and 10 "emulation". Thus Boot Camp is the only real alternative...

Most VM type Mac software will list the 'limits' of DX somewhere in the release notes or web site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
By the way peoples, COD4 is amazing. I've been playing it on a regular TV, and it looks amazing. Can't even imagine what HD looks like.
My only gripe is, the single player campaign is SHORT! I'm talking like Gears of War short. It took me about 2 days to complete, about 2 and a half hours each day of playing. But there are so many memorable moments in the game, that you want to play it again.

OP
T
Reaction score
woohoo so I got my Leopard upgrade and got my XP and install Rainbow 6 and Call of Duty 4 and its amazing!!

Reaction score
Im actually in one of the oldest COD clans out there so I have been really anxious to see if and when you could get COD4 on a Mac.

Probably what Ill do is install bootcamp. Going to ask for a copy of Windows for Xmas. Im not very tech minded so Im scared Ill screw something up but well see :)

OP
T
Reaction score
Im actually in one of the oldest COD clans out there so I have been really anxious to see if and when you could get COD4 on a Mac.

Probably what Ill do is install bootcamp. Going to ask for a copy of Windows for Xmas. Im not very tech minded so Im scared Ill screw something up but well see :)

its really easy to install windows, just follow the instructions when installing boot camp, once you installed windows, throw in the leopard dvd and it will install all the drivers and then you are back into a windows machine.... I am so happy with my mac and now i'm in love with my mac lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.