Frustrated with Mac Pro with RAID card

Reaction score
Knowing BC can run windows, I decided to buy my 1st MAC pro with Raid card on it (Dell, no more!). Turned out the windows xp sp2 CD did not recognize the hard drive. I hate apple did not warn RAID card not compatible with BC and regret about it.

I crawled whole afternoon to get the solution from this group, but to no vain. I did came across some solution but don't really get the idea.

Being a PC idiot for years, would apple users help on this?

I've tried:
1. Pull out the raid card. (turned out no HD detected)
2. Raid card with 1 HD (I have 2 HD installed) and run BC, make the partition, windows still can't detect the HD.

If I add a new HD to the drivebay3, would it bypass RAID card and directly connect to the mainboard, so that windows can detect the drive?

Mac Pro 8 core Mac OS X (10.5) Raid Card installed (A $999 mistake)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Core 2.66, ATI 1900, 5 GB RAM, 750 GB Storage
Why not run Parralels or VM Ware Fusion? Then you don't have to worry about BC. Less expensive than a new HDD.

OP
B
Reaction score
Good point, wilcon.

But VM could not take the full advantage of hardware though, it seems that's the solution to me now.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.