Finder leaves me with an empty column... Ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
So when I am in my finder window, clicking between the shortcuts on the side bar, the window goes from two icons wide to three- I have found a pattern though-

When going from a directory that has more than three icons to a directory that also has more than three icons, it changes to the two wide view. But if I go from a directory that has more than three icons to one that has less than three, it changes back to three icons wide. (if that all makes any sense)

I posted pictures so you can see what I'm talking about. The size of the window doesn't change, and neither do the size of the icons, so I know that it could still fit three wide, it's just f'ing stupid and won't! It is really starting to bother me...

3 Wide.jpg

2 Wide.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Resize the window so it is wider and see if that does anything.

OP
Jeff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook Black 2GB iPod Nano & Black 80GB iPod Classic B&W G3 G4's - PowerMac & Cube
Well I tried that before and it didn't really do anything, but it seems to work now. It quit changing all the time. Good call!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.