Chicken of VNC Alternative

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
Hi All,

I've been using Chicken of VNC for a while now to connect to my PC, although I'm finding that it's really limited -- especially when it comes to screen scaling...

Do any of you know of other, more robust, VNC clients available... Something that's feature loaded like UltraVNC would be spectacular.

Thanks in advance for the help,

J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2ghz, 1gb RAM, 80gb HD
I have two alternatives for you. The first is to actually use the UltraVNC viewer under either DarWine or CrossoverMac. I use it in Darwine, which is free, so I am assuming it will work under Crossover.

The second alternative is a new viewer that is under development, but it is the fastest VNC viewer I have used. Its called JollysFastVNC and it is available here.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
If you're connecting to your PC running Windows, you're much better off using Remote Desktop Connection (RDC), a tool that comes with MS Office for Mac 2004 or as a free download from Microsoft. You need to have your PC set for remote connections, but it's easy to do and works fine. I connect to Windows machines running XP Pro and 2003 Server. RDC also has the capability to allow the PC/server to have access to the files on your Mac.

I've tried using VNC clients to connect to Windows machines, and they do a lousy job. For better or worse, RDC gives you a compleat Windows experience.

If your PC is running Linux, I'd be curious as to the problems you're experiencing. I connect to RHLE v4 machines at work on a regular basis using CotVNC and I have no real complaints. The cursor/mouse button interface isn't the greatest, but it's servicable for a day at a time.

Hope this helps!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.