So frustrating uuuuuuuuh!!! Help PLEASE

Reaction score
I have Powerbook G4 the first Powerbook G4 and it pretty old but I am having a lot of problems:

(1st) My Battery shows up only sometimes but sometimes actually most of the time it's always an X. The battery is in right it just doesn't connect all the time. WHAT TO DO?

(2nd) I have 1GB of ram and it is installed but until a month ago when I turn my computer on it goes to the freakin default settings like MAC OSX 10.4.10 has not been touched. Like ALL my settings are gone the DESKTOP is back to the cruddy default one. Get this my ITUNES is f#*@^!% gone I have to import everything over and when I go to System Profiler it says I have 512MB ram and the other 512 i have installed to make it 1GB keeps popping out HELP.
WHAT TO DO?
:Shouting:

Reaction score
Firstly, your battery may have died depending of course on its age .... has there been any symptoms leading up to this, or has your PB G4s battery always retained a full charge? Has there been a slow decline in the charge life of the battery or has it just started playing up out of the blue?

Secondly, if you have your system disc I'd pop them in and run Disc Utility on your HD. You'll need to unmount the HD first and this is done by booting from the install media and make sure you hold the "C" key as soon as you hear the chime.

Another thing you could try is to run the Hardware test. It's on the system discs but I'm afraid I don't know exactly where or how you go about this ....

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You did not manually rename your Home Folder? did you?

OP
C
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with the Battery It is not new but hey it holds a charge Great and it's jus the computer's battery bay.

second thanx I'll try

OP
C
Reaction score
yea because more than one user had this computer before me and never deleted the user

OP
C
Reaction score
One problem I deleted all the other users but the one I want and are using so what to do now?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.