No available networks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'09 8-core MacPro | '12 MBA | iPad 2 16GB | iPhone 5C 16GB
Well I received an early Christmas present this year, and after taking an unusually long time to install Leopard I got to dive into my Mac. Unfortunately, there's a problem with the airport card. It's not picking up ANY wifi networks. I know there are at least 3 that are reachable from my home, one of which is mine and I know it's working cause I'm posting this from my iMac which uses said wifi. Anybody know what to do? It just downright doesn't work, I've searched through Apple's support page and google and there's nothing related to my problem. It's quite aggravating. Help is appreciated, thanks!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Don't hate me for asking this, but is the Airport turned on in Leopard? Not trying to talk down to you, but seen it happen.

OP
Sexy Patrol
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah it's on, I've turned it on and off a few times as well as restarted a few times. Nothing's helped thus far...

Reaction score
Is the SSID of the network Broadcast?
Ensure thats broadcast for testing.

Reset the router.

A trick that helped me:

1. Set your router to assign addresses using DHCP from 1 - 5
2. Assign Static IP's to all of the computers on your network from 6+ (ensuring that you stay inside the scope of the network.

If you need any help feel free to ask.... or if you can get an internet connection maybe I can help over screensharing in Leopard.

OP
Sexy Patrol
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hm, I'd do that but I reinstalled Tiger onto it just cause I feel more comfortable with it (even though Leopard is essentially Tiger with a facelift and a few new apps). I called Apple's Airport Support line today and talked to the guy, he said I'll have to take it into a service center and have them physically look at the card, it might need to be reseated or something of that nature - possibly replaced. I'll keep ya'll posted if it does or doesn't work. Thanks for everything so far! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.