Closing all Applications

Reaction score
I have seen keyboard options to close Finder Windows, but is there a combination to close all open Applications?

Thanks

D R

Reaction score
I don't know about all applications, but command+q will close the currently active application.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
The easiest way (IMO) it to press Cmd+Tab... then while still holding Cmd... keep pressing "Q"...

Though I don't see the need to do this often.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I have a docklet that closes all apps once you click it...
It's basically just an Applescript wrapped in a program. I downloaded it with a bunch of others, but I don't remember where from and couldn't find anything...
closeappsdocklet-20071107-171941.jpg

OP
N
Reaction score
Yes, thanks, this is what I am looking for, I will see if I can find it. I like to exit all my applications when I leave the computer, so this will make it easier.

Thanks

I have a docklet that closes all apps once you click it...
It's basically just an Applescript wrapped in a program. I downloaded it with a bunch of others, but I don't remember where from and couldn't find anything...
closeappsdocklet-20071107-171941.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, exactly what I was looking for. I'm surprised that OSX doesn't at least have the Close all Apps capability.
Well... it does close all apps when you log out or shut down, and I can't envision too my other scenarios where you would need to do that...

Reaction score
Hi all,
just download and run...not really impress, not working all the time, is it because of running on Leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi all,
just download and run...not really impress, not working all the time, is it because of running on Leopard?
Probably. But it's just Applescript, so you could write a Leopard-compatible version yourself if this is really that big a deal for you.

EDIT: Just tried it and it seems to work as advertised. It's a bit overzealous though - it even quits the Finder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.