.mac/apple id questions/

Reaction score
Hi,

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in so I chose "anything goes".

I am new to the macworld. I just unpacked my brand new imac yesterday and all I can say is WOW!!! Totally awesome! I am having fun exploring and learning a bunch of new stuff. I have a couple of questions that I need answered before I screw up anything. I called Applecare first and currently don't have the patients to wait "15 mins or greater" :Grimmace: I searched the forums and so far haven't found the answers so I am just gonna ask. If I missed them somewhere please just kindly direct me to the answers.

#1 I have an ipod touch that is currently synced with an xp laptop. I have an itunes id name that I have been using. Yesterday when I was going through the set up of my new imac along with .mac, it is telling me now that my .mac id will be my itunes id. Is this going to mess up anything when I go to hook my touch up to the imac for the first time? How do I handle this?

#2 I haven't done anything with my touch/imac so far but am anxious to get everything going. I have to search on how to transfer my itunes songs/videos etc. I am hoping to do it via my network when I figure out how.

Thanks for any help, tips, suggestions in this matter.

(24" imac, w/leopard)

~Jade

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.