excel data import on Mac OS X

Reaction score
I am looking for a way to import data from excel on Mac OS X.
Development platform - c++ (xcode).
Can anybody point me to the way how it may by done on Mac OS?
Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,
Denis

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Is the excel data saved as CSV format?

I dont code in C++ myself but if it is, just read the data in line by line and use a string tokeniser (or C++ equivalent) to get at each individual value

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, files are in native excel format, not CSV.

Again not sure about C++ but in Java you can make a JDBC connection to an excel spreadsheet and treat it as if it was a database and therefore read the rows of data and manipulate them as you please.

I could be wrong but i think i read that xcode can be used for java development, and given that its syntax is very similar to C++ maybe you should consider adding Java to your list of skills?

OP
D
Reaction score
Thank you for reply.
I don't mind about learning Java or anything else but this must be a module in huge project. And it is necessary to write module that will import dfata from excel files. It will not be very good (from a lot of points) if one of modules in the projects will be build using other platform.
So, it is expected to be c++.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well fire up google, im sure there is an equivalent way of reading data from an excel file using C++, its not an uncommon thing to want to do now is it.

OP
D
Reaction score

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.