PubSubAgent?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Dual 2Ghz, 1.5Gb Ram
Does anyone know what the PubSubAgent is and what it does? The usual 'Since I upgraded to Leopard' problem, whatever this is it constantly crashes, asking me to relaunch or ignore, on both my G5 and Powerbook.

M

MacHeadCase

I googled and found this, Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) - first thought. Seems to be a few possible routes for you to try. One is SpamSieve, another is the RSS/Atom subscriptions. Take a look at the article and read it in its entirety, including the comments. There seems to be a fix in an Apple Tech Support with a case number: I suppose you can ask Apple Care for them to look it up maybe?

Please post back the solution, it might come in handy to a lot of people having the same problem.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Dual 2Ghz, 1.5Gb Ram
Thanks for pointing me towards the Apple forums. Seems I'm not the only one with this problem. There appear to be many causes and fixes but what has so far worked for me is making sure that I have selected anything other than Safari as my RSS reader and changing the update frequency to 1 hour instead of every half hour. Hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.