Leopard and .wmv and .pps files

Reaction score
Sorry about this,I did try to search for something on this subject but couldn't find anything of help. Got an email from my bro one with a .wmv and another with .pps but I can not open them now, I even went to Apple site and downloaded flip for mac(or what ever it is called) Anyone have a clue on how to open these files?

Sorry if this is a repeat, I know there is a lot of threads on Leopard that are getting frustrating. Thanks for any help in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I have flip4mac installed and it works fine to open .wmv. To open .pps, Keynote opens them which is part of iLife.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I have flip4mac installed and it works fine to open .wmv. To open .pps, Keynote opens them which is part of iLife.

That would be incorrect. Keynote is NOT part of iLife, but rather iWork, which you have to pay separately for.

To open that Powerpoint file for free, get yourself a program called NeoOffice. As for the wmv, Flip4Mac should have let you open it. Since it's not, get yourself a program called VLC media player along with a plugin called Perian. That should be able to handle it.

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
I wonder why my copy of flip4mac is not working on new OS i just got it from the Apple downloads page.I have iLife 06 installing now, thats the strange part I installed it the other day but it for some reason isn't here.

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
I have iWork also I guess I have to get to iWork and install away again lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
VLC will also play wmv files.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
OP
iNAP
Reaction score
I just noticed something really strange. I put the file on my desktop (the wmv file) then got info on it and in the info box I can view it but when I try to just double click it to open it says "the file can not be opened, it is not a movie file"
What's up with that?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.