Best P2P for Mac

Reaction score
Hey,

I'd been using Acquisition on my PowerBook for a long time, but it died and I just got a new MBP. Now I downloaded Acquisition and it has the most updated version which is a bear without registering. I have no problem registering, as long as there isn't a better P2P service out there I should register for instead. I really like Acquisition because I don't think it takes up a lot of memory and its very very simple and appealing. If Apple designed a P2P, it would be Acquisition!

Anyway, do you know of a better P2P service that I should register for besides Acquisition?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
Azureus is really good with a lot of features, but it takes a lot of system memory.. But I'm sure most people here (including myself) would recommend Transmission
http://transmission.m0k.org/
it's lightweight, simple, and goes easy on your processor

Reaction score
well recently im having loads of problems with acquisition..not sure if it best choice..ive bought licence n now i have problems with connecting not even mentioning downloading sth.. they dont even have forum to discuss problems or comprehensive faq site.. :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16gh 2gb ram
+1 for Transmission. Its small and doesn't eat up on the ressources.
Also, you see download/upload on the dock icon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Transmission. Allows you to specify which files in a torrent to download, which to give preference to, etc. Its awesome.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Azureus here. It doesn't use loads of power any more, the old versions did, but it's now fixed.
You can do the file selection thing too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i7, MBP 2.2GHz, Hackintosh (retired)
Transmission for torrents and Cabos for gnutella networks. Both are fast, simple, and clean unlike their windows equivalents.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
are we talking about Torren clients or P2P network here, cos they are compleatly different things.

torrents: I use transmishions
P2P: I use limewire ( dont ban me for saying this please)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powerbook 400mhz, 1gb ram, 60gb HD, Tiger
if you use P2P for mostly music then go with Soulseek network, it is a little slower then the gnutella network, but it has more content.

http://www.pure-mac.com/p2p.html theres a good page with lots of clients.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.