Guitar Hero III on MacBook?

Reaction score
If I would want to run Guitar Hero III on a new 2,2 Santa Rosa MacBook with a little help from Rosetta, would it be any good?
These are the requirements;
# Operating System: 10.4.10 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard)
# CPU Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo
# CPU Speed: 2 GHz
# Memory: 1 GB RAM
# Hard Disk Space: 5.1 GB + 1 GB Swap File
# Video Card (ATI): Radeon X1600
# Video Card (NVidia): Geforce 7300
# Video Memory (VRam): 128 MB

I would really like to play this game. The site says Intel chips are not supported, but I read Rosetta can translate it to use an Intel chip, with some performance loss. I wonder if the performance loss will be too large to be able to play the game any more, or that if I have no problem with low video quality, I will be able to play it anyway.
Anyone?

Reaction score
If I would want to run Guitar Hero III on a new 2,2 Santa Rosa MacBook with a little help from Rosetta, would it be any good?
These are the requirements;

I would really like to play this game. The site says Intel chips are not supported, but I read Rosetta can translate it to use an Intel chip, with some performance loss. I wonder if the performance loss will be too large to be able to play the game any more, or that if I have no problem with low video quality, I will be able to play it anyway.
Anyone?

good questions..

what i want to know is, when will it be released for the Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Umm, Rosetta is not going to help you play GH3. Rosetta is so you can use older PPC programs on intel chips. Since GH3 is a new game is would be stupid for the programers to make it not Intel compatable.

And reading the specs from the developers, it states that it will work on the intel cpus. http://www.aspyr.com/product/game_specs/85

Reaction score
also, the other killer on this is that it will not run on integrated intel video cards. that sucks. that really really sucks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.