broken logic board (i think)

Reaction score
i have an apple ibook g4 with i think a shorted outlogic board. The computer works perfectly but i cant get it to charge. if i put an already charged battery in it it works just fine, but it will not charge through the input where you would usually charge it. i'm wondering if theres some way to sort of perminatly plug it in through where you would put the battery... i know this is a stupid question. I dont need to use a battery as i use this mac as a way to record music only, but my sister spilled coffee on it. So i'm just wondering if theres some sort of adapter i can either make or buy that will plug in through the bottom of the laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP LED 15" SR 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HDD, NIVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB
Sounds like you might just have a faulty DC input. It's an easy fix that you can do yourself. Just download the guide from ifixit.com and follow their directions. You can buy the part at

http://www.powerbookguy.com/xcart/home.php?cat=253

Good Luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.