iBook DEAD

Reaction score
I was plugging in the old iBook the other day and there was a little resistance in the power receptacle in the box, well it was really late and the baby was crying and I sort of just jammed it in. So, now it powered all the way down to death and doom and it will not take a charge from the outlet. Any suggestions? I know this is weird and stupid, but I would really like to figure this out and fix it. I looked in the socket and I don't see anything amiss. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP LED 15" SR 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HDD, NIVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB
It might just be your DC input. I don't know the specs of your iBook, but putting in a new one is quite easy. ifixit.com has some awesome guides to do it yourself. You can buy the part at

http://www.powerbookguy.com/xcart/catalog/Circuit-Boards-price0-p-1-c-310.html

I personally know the owner, it's a respectable company. I work on Macs on the side and I can tell you that you can do it yourself.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks, the box is a dual USB G3 600 dual USB. I can't believe what I did. Thanks for the info. I'm a little unclear as to the part on the list. I really don't even know what I need.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP LED 15" SR 2.2GHz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HDD, NIVIDIA 8600M GT 128MB
You need to purchase the G3 iBook 12-inch DC-In Board. Did you get a chance to look at ifixit.com?

OP
G
Reaction score
Yes. Well, it looked all pretty epic so right now I'm going to stick with my functional Linux boxes and then either sell it "as is" or use it for parts. It appears to be straight forward, but right now I just lack the time to accomplish the undertaking. Thank you though for all of you information.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.