Installing a network printer

Reaction score
Can someone point me to some decent instructions for installing a network printer in Leopard? I have a HP 2600n connected to a Linksys router, and am trying to make it work with my Mac, but really don't even know where to start. I read a little about bonjour, but really don't even know what it actually does.

OP
J
Reaction score
OK, I found where to add a printer by just trying to print something. Apple sure makes it easy.

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
so did you get it to work? please share. I haven't been able to print through my network yet.

OP
J
Reaction score
Yeah, I plugged the printer into my router through ethernet. I then just went to File > Print in Safari, and the printer was there. It asked which driver I think and that was it, it works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.6GHz i5 8GB RAM 1TB HDD OSX Yosemite
I don't really have a network per say... All I've done is set my other two PC's sharing certain folders and the printers. I can see these items on my PC's and could even see them with my macbook using Tiger. But now with my Mac Pro using Leopard I cant see anything. I'm using the network to get on the internet but that it. All I really want to do is use the printers...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.