Reinstalling Leopard...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook 2.2 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 8x Superdrive
I'm having a few problems with Leopard...When I got my macbook, the leopard cd was included, so right when i turned it on and stuff I upgraded to Leopard. I hear that doing a clean install works best, so I was wondering if I could do that now (or is it too late) and if so, will I lose all of my files? If so, I do have a time machine backup, but will that only restore my main files and not my apps, etc? Thanks =D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
It sounds like you just got your computer if the Leopard DVD was included. I don't think you need to do an additional install as long as everything on your computer is working fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
When I bought my MB Leopard was installed. However some of the apps weren't (bootcamp). I reran the install and did an archive and install and it copied everything to an old folder but didn't change any settings and didn't delete any apps.

T

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.