Mac to wireless access

Reaction score
Having trouble connecting a new mac to an existing wireless connection. IP has not been very helpful and doesn't deal with Mac computers apparently. I have a laptop that works perfectly fine and others have connected before easily. Is there some reason why the Mac won't work? Would appreciate some help as not particularly IT minded. Have checked the spec on the internet and it is on the right bandwidth.

Thanks in advance

Sofa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 320 HDD, Superdrive, Mighty Mouse
Some ISP have modems/routers that don't connect to Mac computers. Call your ISP... Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
I had an issue once with the WEP configuration...I don't know much about it but I know I had to run on something other than WEP...I would suggest calling your router manufacturer and ask them about your mac configurations and if it is compatible....

Reaction score
make sure it is compatable with you current router and also make sure you spelled the password correctly

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.