Bluetooth A2DP Sterio headsets

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
What are your favorites when it comes to a Sterio Bluetooth headset that works with leopard? I want to use this to listen to music around the house but also to use in voice chat or online games. It has to be sterio and the mic has to sound good.

Any of you use something with Leopards A2DP that works well? I bought a Motorola S9 the other day but had to return it as I couldnt get it to work correctly. The connection was very unstable and the audi wuold go in and out with me sitting right in front of the imac. That is, when it would broadcast at all.

*move this back where it was, this post has nothing to do with my IPhone. I was not even going to use this particular headset with my iphone. It is for my imac. So I can listen to music via A2DP while I also use my headphones as a headset with mic to chat on ventrilo while playing world of warcraft. Or do you really think I plan to repair my headphones every time I want to use my imac or phone?*

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
Getting my Iphone to support A2DP

Is there anything I can plug into the bottom of my iphone that will give the end result of me being able to use A2DP headsets to both listen to sterio music on it and also receive and place cell calls? Looking for something reliable that one of you uses successfully. I have no idea what is taking Apple so long to add A2DP to the IPhone but I am about done waiting.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
No one is using a A2DP headset with Leopard and having success?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
No one uses one of the various bluetooth attachments for the ipod with success on the iphone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
From what I've read, there's still no confirmation that Leopard will support BT stereo headsets. Some say it has worked and some say it doesn't really work. I would like to get a BT earphone set myself, but I'm waiting for confirmation.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
Why were my 2 posts consolidated? They were not related to each other. One was asking about adding bluetooth to my phone, and the other was looking for a good headset for use with my Imac. I even received an infraction for this. what gives. The 2 posts were completely unrelated and in different forums because I figures the music forum was the place for info on headphones and the iphone forum was the place for info about bluetooth add-ons for the iphone. The headphones were for my imac, the bluetooth for the iphone was to pair it with my car stereo.

Someone doesn't read before they use their moderator powers...

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
From what I've read, there's still no confirmation that Leopard will support BT stereo headsets. Some say it has worked and some say it doesn't really work. I would like to get a BT earphone set myself, but I'm waiting for confirmation.

Bluetooth profiles supported by Apple Bluetooth software in leopard
Apple’s Bluetooth software supports the following profiles on client devices:

Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP): Controls stereo audio headphones.

Audio Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP): Controls the buttons on headphones and other devices.

Dial-Up Networking Profile: Allows a mobile phone to act as a modem and connect to an Internet service provider (ISP) and the Internet.

File Transfer Profile (FTP): Allows a Bluetooth device to send and receive files from another device (on both client and server devices).

Hard Cable Replacement Profile (HCRP): Allows a Bluetooth device to connect and print to a wireless, Bluetooth enabled printer.

Headset Profile: Allows a Bluetooth device to use a wireless, Bluetooth enabled headset to send and receive audio.

Human Input Device (HID) Profile: Allows a Bluetooth device to use a wireless input device, such as a keyboard or mouse.

Object Push Profile: Allows a Bluetooth device to send files to a remote device (on both client and server devices).

Serial Port Profile: Enables incoming and outgoing connections to Bluetooth devices (on both client and server devices).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I've heard that Leopard's BT includes A2DP, but I've read on some sites that this fact doesn't necessarily mean stereo BT headsets will work. Have you tried it yet for yourself? I've only seen one or two people claim it works, but for all I know they could just be some wankers hearing mono through them and thinking it's stereo.

I just don't want to go buy some BT headphones only to find out either they don't work or I have to attempt some crazy hacking to get them to work (which I would never do anyway).

BTW, you are 100% right about your threads being combined. Even though they are both related to BT headsets, they are asking different things. The mods should retract the infraction at least. Did you have them under the same subforum or different? The one about iPhone should obviously be under the iPod/iPhone sub while the other should be Other Hardware sub.

Reaction score
BlueAnt X5i Experiences

I purchased a set of Blueant X5i stereo bluetooth headphones (for quite a deal ~$24 new and still available as of today) to use with my new Sony Ericsson W580i. It works great with my phone, giving me a strong, clear stereo sound. Of course, I wanted to use it on my macbook as well.

I played a little within Tiger and was able to get the headset to work (albeit Mono). I have recently upgraded to Leopard. I now get the choice to use as a headset or headphones. In the Midi Audio setup, I see that the headset selection is mono with the microphone. This works fine. The headphones setup is stereo, but fails after "very" sketchy, spotty sound transmission. I'm hopeful that as the A2DP becomes more of a priority that this might improve. Although, being able to listen in mono is better than not at all.

The headphones work well with my phone, clear microphone signal and beautiful stereo sound. My guess is they would work well for games/chat as well on your Mac.

Karl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz, 4GB memory, 160GB hard drive, Leopard, 20" Widescreen Samsung Display
I am using the Plantronics Pulsar 590 product with mixed results. It has some challenges when switching between headset and headphone mode. I need to do this because this set has a built in mic which I use for VOIP (Skype) and in headphone mode the mic does not work! Anyone who has sorted this please let me know. The headphone mode gives great audio as it does work as A2DP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.