Question abt Intel GMA X3100

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
ok i read the posts revious and i jsut had a more specific question as a gamer is there any good games that the new graphics can support that the old one cant ? cause i'm pretty sure the old one can support the game but the graphics are jstu copy or slow right?

Well Technologist and I disagree on this one, but the GMA950 won't support games that say they need 128MB VRAM (although oddly Civ IV works, albeit very slowly).

Any game that works very slowly on the 950, will work a bit quicker on the x3100. Any game that just will not work at all on the GMA950, because of lack of hardware support for vertex shaders, SM3.0 etc, will still not work. The X3100 adds no new features.

Something I am sure everyone will agree on, if you really want to game on a Mac Laptop, then you should get a pro. Almost ANY dedicated GPU made in the last 3 years would be faster than the X3100 for 3D gaming.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
anyone think the x3100 will do ok with starcraft2, when it is released?

Reaction score
Well Technologist and I disagree on this one, but the GMA950 won't support games that say they need 128MB VRAM (although oddly Civ IV works, albeit very slowly).

Any game that works very slowly on the 950, will work a bit quicker on the x3100. Any game that just will not work at all on the GMA950, because of lack of hardware support for vertex shaders, SM3.0 etc, will still not work. The X3100 adds no new features.
I think this is what people were hoping to see. Please note VERTEX SHADER charts.

This is X3100 as explained in the Wiki.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.