saving BBC radio listen again? how to?

Reaction score
is there anyway that i can use my mac to save the www.bbc.co.uk/radio2 listen again feeds?

for example Wake up to Wogan can be lsitened to the last 5 shows of the week. can i save them as an mp3 or similar file to listen to offline?

ideally this needs to be done without having to listen to the programme whilst it saves. just download it as a file.

i know there used to be a programme for windoze that was called BBC2MP3 that did just this. can i do it on a mac?

thanks

OP
N
Reaction score
Yep try Radioshift
http://www.rogueamoeba.com/radioshift/features.php
or audiohijack by the same company

I use them both.

but dont of them both require to record in real time. ie you have to actually listen to the whole show whilst it records? ie a 2 hour show will take 2 hours to save?

ideally i want to download the actual files, preferably a few at a time and then convert them to mp3.
basically i only have dial up at home, so plan on doing this and getting the whole weeks shows in one go at a local wifi hotspot.

i think ive found a way, but i havnt tried it yet, using a RTSP downloader to save the .RA file then convert that to mp3.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Audoihijack you have to record the stream. Radio shift records in the background. You tell it when and where and it does the rest for you. For example I record Book at bedtime and it will do this each night for me I then sew them together with Audio book builder or you can send them direct to iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
There is no way to get the radio feed not in real time since it is streamed to you.

You can only download BBC pod-casts. The BBC can only podcast shows they have full rights over - otherwise the rights holders (including music artists) insist on streaming media.

I use Audio Hijack to record BBC radio, I just set it going then go downstairs to cook, eat, watch TV - etc

OP
N
Reaction score
Audoihijack you have to record the stream. Radio shift records in the background. You tell it when and where and it does the rest for you. For example I record Book at bedtime and it will do this each night for me I then sew them together with Audio book builder or you can send them direct to iTunes

can i tell it to download the previous shows that are still available on the listen again service? as i can only get it to record the shows live which means 12.30am here, which is no good to me as i wont be near a wifi hotspot at that time. but the last 7 days shows are available on demand any time.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
can i tell it to download the previous shows that are still available on the listen again service? as i can only get it to record the shows live which means 12.30am here, which is no good to me as i wont be near a wifi hotspot at that time. but the last 7 days shows are available on demand any time.

Some of those BBC shows are available as free download podcasts in iTunes - i subscribe to a few of them

OP
N
Reaction score
Some of those BBC shows are available as free download podcasts in iTunes - i subscribe to a few of them

yeh but they are only 30 minutes a week. as apposed to the shows being 2 hours a day!

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
yeh but they are only 30 minutes a week. as apposed to the shows being 2 hours a day!

You are one lucky person if you can find two free hours a day, i often dont get time to listen to the 30 minute podcasts ha ha

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.