Desktop or Laptop?

Reaction score
Hello,
I am a recent switcher (June 07) to Mac (MacBook, white) and absoloutley love it. We want to get rid of this train-wreck Dell desktop we have and get another Mac. I am wondering, what is the benefit of having a desktop (if there is one)? We're both pretty mobile, and I guess the laptop would be a good thing, but I kind of like the idea of having that 24" imac on the wall. Any advice? Thanks!

T

todd51

Well, I guess if I had a laptop already I would go for the imac since it's not as expensive and it's a pretty nice machine. I mean your used to having a desktop, but if you really feel the need for another laptop, then go for it.

Sometimes I don't see why I just didn't settle for the imac, but then again, I've liked being able to bring my computer to the library and such just to get out of the house. When I get out of college, I will probably go with a desktop computer. Then if I have the funds maybe purchase a less expensive laptop.

Reaction score
Are there situations where you wish you had a computer with you? Or are you looking for a desktop replacement?

Reaction score
I would think it would be personal taste and need. I prefer a desktop but have to admit - when traveling I do wish I had a laptop so I didn't have to use PC's.

Reaction score
The laptop is at it's best on the couch and in bed--right at home.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
if money isnt the biggest issue you can get a laptop and an external monitor. It has made a big difference for me as i look at multiple spreadsheets and word docs at the same time. Since i have changed to this set up I think I will just stick with a laptop and probably never get a desktop again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
Lap top is sweet for the portability, but I am told you can do so much more on a desk top....guess it depends what you are going to use it for....my daughter prefers a desk top for gaming and her photography...I use both. I love my Imacs but my powerbook is great for those lazy days on the sofa, or trips...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.