Quick Question about customization

Reaction score
I'm looking to get an iMac soon, and i was wondering how customizable, if at all are they?
if i wanted to put in a new hard drive, or mother board later on, would this be possible?
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
No, the only thing you can upgrade is the RAM.

OP
A
Reaction score
No, the only thing you can upgrade is the RAM.
thanks for the response, i'll just have to geta good processor to start out then...
and with the hard drive, there is always the option of external right? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Sig...
Stretch's response is not quite the whole story.

He is absolutely correct that the RAM is the only thing that you can upgrade without voiding your warranty.

If you still own the machine after the warranty period, or have more money than sense and don't mind paying for any repairs it may need in the future, the CPU is socketed (from what I've read) and can be upgraded with a faster mobile core2duo, and the hard drive is a standard 3.5" serial ata desktop drive.

However, you have to realize that these machines were not designed to be upgraded like that and thus, any upgrades beyond the RAM will not necessarily be easy to peform, and in the case of upgrading the CPU to a not-yet-released higher clockspeed or quad core chip, may be so impractical as to be effectively impossible (assuming that it's not just flat out impossible alltogether).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Well, yeah, it is possible, but I've seen the Apple Service Manual, and taking apart the Aluminum and Glass iMacs is nothing easy. The white iMacs were hard to take apart, this looks to be 10x worse.

OP
A
Reaction score
Well thank you for ur responses =]
i guess i'll just stick with what i get for as long as it'll go!
lol

but i got another question aswell..
it is possible to put an external microphone in right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8GHz 2GB RAM 500GB internal HDD + 1 TB Formac XTR External HDD - iPhone 3G 16 GB Black
but i got another question aswell..
it is possible to put an external microphone in right?

Yup you can use the audio in jack located at the back of iMac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.