Airport Disks In Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz / 4 GB RAM / 320 GB HDD
So I've noticed my first problem with Leopard today. I connected my 2 Western Digital External Hard Drives to my Airport Extreme, opened up Airport Disk Utility on my MacBook and checked the box next to "Show Airport Disks in Menu Bar." This usually does exactly what it says (as I used to use it in Tiger), but nothing showed up. I've tried restarting and that didn't resolve it and I can't figure out what else I can do. The only way I can mount the drives is if I click on "Go" in the Menu Bar, then select "Network" and type in "/Volumes." This is fine, but I don't want to have to do that every time I want to connect to the drives. Anyone have this same problem or a solution?

Also, this one's pretty cool and I'm not making this up. After having my External Hard Drives connected through Airport for a while I noticed that the one that I had previously set up with Time Machine was actually backing up! It wasn't backing up to the original file that was on there though but rather created a disk image. Has anyone else had this happen? I know Apple has actually said that you can't back up onto a network drive, but for some reason mine did. I didn't let it finish though since it would have taken forever to back up and I don't actually want to have it back up through Airport.

OP
86Apex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So I take it no one has any suggestions as to what I should do about mounting the drives through Airport?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core, MacBook Air 11
Same issue, same solution on same device.

OP
86Apex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dang. Do you also have the problem of not being able to reconnect to the disk once you unmount without having to physically disconnect it from Airport?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core, MacBook Air 11
The Ultimate Solution: Tiger

Not anymore, I downgraded today. I knew there would be bugs going in but wanted a solid trial experience with Leopard. Now that I've restored Tiger I'm happy again. Good luck!

OP
86Apex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmmm, darn. Well thanks for the update, I guess I'm the only one in this boat now. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
same issue, I have no idea what to do... when is 10.5.1? lol

OP
86Apex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Your guess is as good as mine. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.