MFC Printer compatability?

Reaction score
I'm looking for a MFC colour inkjet that works for with Leopard but I'm having a hard time. Apparently a lot of printers aren't compatible with Leopard yet (?). When I went to the Apple site, I found a link that's supposed to show current printers that are compatible, but it was broken.

Later I found this handy list http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306684-es however 9/10 of these are no longer being manufactured, or just aren't available. Does anyone have any idea where I would find such a thing? Manufacturers' sites are useless, as are retailers' - they frequently just list OSX (if that) without mentioning version numbers. Thinking of something around $350 give or take $75

Thanks,

Keven

OP
X
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the same link I just put up. It is accurate, but the problem is that almost 90% of those are no longer available for purchase. I'm not looking for support for an existing printer, but to buy a new printer.

M

MacHeadCase

Hmm

Looks like you'll have to look for the printer's manufacturer for an update in the drivers. Or maybe note the printer model you want and email the manufacturer's Support staff to ask when they think an update will be ready for Leopard.

I would have recommended Gutenprint but they still only talk of Tiger as the latest OS supported: a swift glance didn't tell me if they were developing an update for Leopard or not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.