Lost desktop icon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 24" 2.8 ghz
The icon for my hard drive has dissapeared. I can't get it back. Tried disk utility and finder. No luck. Please help. Thanks

Reaction score
did you go to Finder->Preferences->General and make sure to check "Hard disks" under "Show these items on the Desktop?"

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 24" 2.8 ghz
Yes did all that. Still dosen't show up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz / 4 GB RAM / 320 GB HDD
If you mean the standard icon, then right-click on it. Select "Get Info," then in the top left corner of the window where the icon would be try clicking on it and hit delete.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13" Mid-2015.
Same problem here. I can see it in a "path drop down window" but it is light colored. I have tried many things. All of my apps and files are still working but no HD shown on desktop or finder.

I have tried the command /developer/setfile -a v /
I was told to try that, it did not work.
I ran a applescript to tell the drives visability to true. That worked until a system restart.

Im running leopard 10.5 with bootcamp XP partition. My windows partition is visable just not mac partition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
Have you tried going to Disk Utility and clicking on your hard-drive in the list. The on the bottom of the window you will see a blue /
click on that slash (representing) you a directory, and it opens a finder window. Drag the icon for your Mac out to the desktop.

This hopefully will work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.