Burning DVD w/ TOAST

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 867 Mhz 768 MB Ram
So I'm burning DVD's w/ Toast and it works well....except that it seems to take FOREVER. Any ideas about settings that I might pick to speed this up?? I"m burning a DVD-video that is 2.5 hours, and I'm setting Toast on 16X....but it's taking longer than realtime to burn. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here....thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Whats the burn speed of your DVD drive? And does it need to be compressed, or anything first?

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 867 Mhz 768 MB Ram
Whats the burn speed of your DVD drive? And does it need to be compressed, or anything first?

Not sure....it's a bunch of .AVI files....should I compress this?? I'm burning to DVD video because I don't have a DVD player that will play xvid or anything like that.....so I'm assuming that's my only option for burning format??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
That's one reason why its taking so long. It has to convert the .avi to a format playable by a dvd player.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.