How I Completely Changed My Mac Experience For The Better!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHz Core 2 Extreme, 500+500GB HD, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.5.1
Bought a new mouse!!

Sorry if this seems obvious to everyone else, but I thought that apple would send out a pretty decent mouse to begin with but that really is just not the case.

I'm sure there will be a lot of people say, "ah my apple mouse is just fine and dandy"....well, thats just super. All I can say is that I have now compared the apple mouse side by side to a new logitech mouse I got at the store, and the difference is just remarkable. I actually cannot stress just how much better the new mouse is...really! Set on the exact same scroll rate, the apple mouse barley moves across the screen, whereas the new one flys!

So my advice is this. If you have recently moved from PC to MAC, then buying a decent aftermarket mouse, preferably wireless to match the wireless mighty mouse capability, is a really really great idea, and will greatly ease the transition period! Enabling right clicking will also help, but thats a story for another day hehe.

I think I have made my point!

Take care all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Designing Mice is probably not the Apple's strength. ;)

T

todd51

I'll agree, I have a Logitech mouse that I use with my MBP, but when I do work at school they have the mighty mouse, which I can never seem to get used to.

Reaction score
I agree!! I bought the wirelss mighty mouse and cannot stand it! Its really slow when scrolling across the screen, refund it the next day and bought a Logitech bluetooth mouse for a cheaper price and the scrolls just flys! And I like being able to right click on the mouse.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
amen! I must try and get mine refunded too actually.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
which mouse did you get?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
I would strongly recommend the Logitech S530 wireless keyboard and mouse combo. Absolutely excellent. I got mine shortly after I got my Mac and have been using them ever since.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac--OSX 10.6.7
I lasted less than one day with the Apple mouse--I use a Logitech LX 7 mouse with my iMac.

Reaction score
I really don't get this. I mouse for up to 12 hours a day and I have no problems with the Mighty Mouse. In fact, I love it. I have Logitech and Microsoft mice that are pretty expensive and I don't see how they offer anything the Mighty Mouse doesn't. My scroll speed is just as fast as any mouse I have ever used. I don't have any right click issues either. The accuracy seems the same to me.

To each their own, I guess.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
Glad you found that out... I own the "old" one button apple mouse, a wired mighty mouse, and a logitech MX400. The logitech is BY FAR the best. And just to note, I only lasted about 2 weeks with the mighty mouse, I would rather use the old one button...

Reaction score
I agree also. First thing I did was to buy a Logitech Trackerball. Made a great experience (Mac) even better.

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
I guess I'm the only one who likes the Might Mouse. :eek:

You and me, Cherokee. I use a bluetooth MM at home and a USB MM at work. I don't understand the complaints either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Hatred for the Mighty Mouse is a shared feeling in this household between my brother and myself. Fortunately for me (not so much for my brother), he's the one who has to use it on a regular basis. He's been meaning to get a new mouse since he got his iMac, but something always comes up that keeps him from getting a replacement.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi All,

Its cool to see so many people have had the same experience as me, and for those that like the mighty mouse, well thats fine too!

@ste6168 - Does your new keyboard work ok with the shortcuts and keys etc? As the windows one is layed out a bit different.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
I guess I'm the only one who likes the Might Mouse. :eek:

Nah, I like the MM too. Okay, so the ball sometimes quits working, but if I rub it on a sheet of paper and keep my hand reasonably clean when it works I love it!

I used a Logitech wireless something or other (which is still used with my Dell) but I just really like the scrolling action of the nipple mouse.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I tried it out in the store when I was getting my Mac - took all of a minute to find out for me, no way.

Bought a BT mouse (V320), but it, and all the others I found in the stores are too small for my hand. My hand would start cramping after an hour of WoW.

Now have the Logitech Revolution. A great mouse. Still would like to find a large sized bluetooth mouse so I didn't have to have that USB dongle plugged into the side of my MBP. Just been too lazy to order one online.
Any recommendations for a good, full sized bluetooth would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
I love my Mighty Mouse... but I wouldn't get the wireless one. I had the standard Apple wireless mouse (no scroll... no right click... no Exposé...) and the battery drained until I was replacing it at least once a week. And it was hard to find batteries (fresh!) that worked in it too. Rechargable ones didn't work either. Vomit.

Then I used another Logitech mouse for a bit but was itching to try the Mighty Mouse for it's 360º scroll wheel... and bought one and haven't used anything since. The scroll wheel does lock up every now and then but it's easy to fix. Admittedly, a perfect mouse wouldn't have that issue, but I haven't found another mouse with the 360º scroll wheel, a feature I now couldn't live without...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.