Screen Share questions

Reaction score
I am loving Leopard, and I am LOVING screen share. I have a few questions though about screen sharing my macs (not through iChat).

1. Can I hear the audio? example: I am trying to listen to audio from my mac mini on my macbook but I can not hear anything.

2. Can I only use screen share through my LAN? example: If I am at school with my macbook, can I use screen share with my mac mini back at home?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
No you can't hear audio. Ideally you'd have sharing setup to just open the file vs using screen sharing to view it.

Yes you can connect over the internet to remote Macs. It uses the same port as VNC (5900). Be sure your router/firewall is configured correctly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Consult your router manufacturers website for use of their product. Look for port forwarding in the support section.

As far as sharing files, choose a directory you'd like to share. Use the File > Get Info menu option from the Finder and click the Shared Folder check box. The Computer will show up in the Shared section of a Finder window on the other Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.