Camera photo import program

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I currently use Iview multimedia(now expression media) to do all my photo cataloging. One problem I have with it is I can not import photos from camera or memory card into a folder based on EXIF data. For example, my photos are stored in a folder with the year and then under there is a folder with month and day. So I a photo takin on October 20th, 2007 would be stored under the 2007 folder and then under the 10-20 folder. On my PC i used a program called Downloader Pro that would import and create these folders automatically. I am unable to find a program that will do this for me on the mac.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2Ghz, 500GB + Basic Macbook
I thought iPhoto does this...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
Although Downloader Pro is a great program, unfortunately it hasn't been developed to work with OS X. The next best thing on a Mac is ImageIngestorPro which I use in conjunction with iView/ACR/Bridge/Photoshop. It takes a bit of work setting up the program, but once you have everything customized the way you want it saves a lot of time. It can import off card/camera/drive then send single or multiple versions of each image to your specified folder structure and internal/external drives, IIP can also apply custom ACR settings as it imports, you can then have it launch the necessary applications for sorting your images. A great way to speed up your workflow and achieve a small list of things just by importing your images.

You may also want to check out DoSomethingWhen which is a small pref pane app that monitors external peripherals and can launch programs/scripts when you connect a device/drive, very handy and a great way to further automate your workflow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.