Leopard and Skype

Reaction score
OK, I've installed Leopard, and after 24 hours that felt like being back in the Windows world it's running fine. Now there's just one more problem concerning Skype:

I can only open Skype once. After closing it and then double-clicking the Skype application once more, it will not open. What I have to do is delete the application, re-install from the dmg I downloaded from the Skype homepage and then start Skype again. If I close it again, it won't open and I do the same thing over and over.

Has anyone had any similar experiences with Skype? Does anyone know a solution to my problem? I am using Skype version 2.6.0.151.

Thank you very much.

Reaction score
Instead of re-installing the application, have you tried deleting the skype Preference file instead (~\Library\Preferences)?

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
yup happening here too!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz / 4 GB RAM / 320 GB HDD
I have the same version of Skype as you and it works fine for me. Did you try pjhutch's suggestion?

OP
C
Reaction score
Solved

Thanks for your help, everybody. I found on the Skype forum how to solve the issue: Turn off the firewall. As it is turned off by default this may be the reason many don't experience this problem.

Here are some links that might help: http://forum.skype.com/lofiversion/index.php/t62363.html
http://forum.skype.com/lofiversion/index.php/t100590.html

Of course, having the firewall turned off does not seem like a satisfactory solution. I seem to be in luck as my ISP has a firewall that is quite effective. I hope these links will solve all problems encountered.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz / 4 GB RAM / 320 GB HDD
Thanks for the update and I'm glad you were able to figure it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.