VMware/Bootcamp/XP... NO virus protection ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Ok...... I'm just about nearing not using XP anymore whatsoever.... I ONLY run XP through VMware to use Yahoo.. but in a few months i will not be using XP at all....

My school requires Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint but I was just confirmed by campus tech that I CAN use a Mac as long as I have a browser that will support the campus website (online schooling)... and if I run Office 2004 or earlier... which I have for Mac...

Question...... I want to wipe out XP and reinstall only to clean up that part of the partition of unwanted crap... and then just run Yahoo... i won't be surfing the web with XP or using any email client....

QUESTION!!
Am I still vulnerable to hackers/malware/spyware/bugs and viruses even if I DON"T connect to the web or email in XP?

All web surfing and email will be done through Mac.... I will ONLY be using Yahoo on XP (for a few months)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Yes. As long as it connects to the internet it's at risk.

OP
MACyMouse
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
well..................................... crap!

ok

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.