Any chance the iPod touch will have the additional Apps added to it from the iPhone??

Reaction score
They would be so cool if they had the full calendar and mail applications, the other smaller things would be nice too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
So basically what you're wanting is a music playing PDA? ;)

Actually, yes, I would love that. I don't need a phone, I like my phone. I just want the rest of the stuff. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24
I'd imagine Apple could easily have added them if they wanted, so the only conclusion is that they were missed out for strategic reasons... i.e. to differentiate the product from the iPhone...

so they might add them in future, but my feeling is that it won't be until the iPhone gets an upgrade

once the SDK appears next year, there'll be the opportunity to add all kinds of similar apps, so it might be academic shortly

OP
M
Reaction score
I'd imagine Apple could easily have added them if they wanted, so the only conclusion is that they were missed out for strategic reasons... i.e. to differentiate the product from the iPhone...

I concur. For me personally, I am not going to buy an iPhone simply because of the 2-year service agreement requirement so all they could do by releasing a full featured iPod touch was gain a sale.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.