Can't move my iTunes library

Reaction score
Hi - been having a very frustrating evening so far, so any help much appreciated!

Here's what I'm trying to accomplish:

I have just changed my Powerbook G4 hard drive and installed Leopard (clean install, I previously had Tiger). That went fine. The reason for changing my 80GB drive to a 160GB drive is that I want to put my iTunes library (about 30GB and 6000 songs) onto my main hard drive instead of on my external firewire drive.

I've copied the iTunes folder to my 'home' folder / music where iTunes looks for it by default. The files seemed to be transferring OK, but when I looked in my music library, only about 900 songs have been transferred (about 4.5GB).

Why hasn't the whole library been transferred? Also, when i switch the library location back to my external drive, i get the same thing: only 900 songs are showing. Is there some limit here? 4.5Gb is suspiciously like the amount that would fit onto a DVD....

Any ideas, anyone? Thanks.

OP
T
Reaction score
Problem solved... managed to unearth the correct library file from my pre-reinstall backup files (it wasn't stored, strangely, in the same location as the actual music files). So, thanks for the help anyhoo. Happy now (sometimes it's just best to sleep on things and see what a new day brings :D)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.