Customize the Terminal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
I would like to customize my Terminal(.bash_profile) to look like in Linux. Can anybody point me to the write direction?

TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
How do you mean "look like in linux" ? There is a dozen terminals for Linux, Gnome-terminal, Konsole, x-term, a-term, etc... all with different look and feel, and different possibilities for customization.

You can change the Terminal look'n'feel by going into Window settings (I have Norwegian OS X, so I'm guessing on what it's called in English).

OP
novicew
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Sorry about the short description. Well, What I want is the Terminal with text coloring. I have added

export CLICOLOR=1
export LSCOLORS=ExFxCxDxBxegedabagacad

to my ~/.bash_profile. Though it gives a nice color effect, the font seems to blend together. It just doesn't look that sharp & clean as you would find in any Linux distro. Is there any script out there which I could paste into my .bash_profile?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
Something like this?

I've done the same thing you did to get colors and just played around with the window settings.

OP
novicew
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes. That's the kind of thing I wanted. Since I like Fedora default font very much, just downloaded it and played around with it. Ultimately, my problem boiled down to the the windows settings. With the help of your tip I have managed to make it look much better.

takk

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.