Problem installing Tiger

Reaction score
Hi,

I decided to install tiger today. I formattet the drive and Bootet the DVD by pressing "c" under start up. First i tried to install it in danish but it didnt work, the drive kept speeding up and slowing down, and you could hear the reader moving madly from side to side. I am now trying to install it in english, this is my second try.

I have never used the two install disks so they are not scratched.

Is my DVD drive f**ked?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
What computer are you installing this on?

Once booting up from the disc by holding "C" while powering on, you should just be able to follow the on-screen instructions. If you're getting to the language selection, that means that the disc works fine. What's happening after you begin the install? It will take a while for it to complete.

OP
M
Reaction score
What computer are you installing this on?

Once booting up from the disc by holding "C" while powering on, you should just be able to follow the on-screen instructions. If you're getting to the language selection, that means that the disc works fine. What's happening after you begin the install? It will take a while for it to complete.

Hi,

I have a MBP. When it starts to install i freezes and says; "install failes, please install again" When i do that it says the same again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.