looking for rpg games for Mac

Reaction score
I already did a research on my own about this, but the results were just...depressing. :-(
So I was wondering if I could ask for a little help on this matter?
Do japanese style rpg/mmorpg games exist for Mac? (by japanese style I mean stuff like Final Fantasy or Namco's Tales Of/.hack. series).
Just so you know, I do own a PS2, so it's not like I'm desperate about playing japanese rpgs and stuff, it's only I'd like to have something to play on my computer, too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" Gloss, 2.4 GHz C2D, 4GB DDR2, 160 GB @ 7200 HDD, 256 MB 8600M GT
Unfortunately most of those games run on Windows. However, there are alternatives.

You can run older RPG games in windows like that under Parallels or VMware. For more modern, demanding games, you can run it in Boot Camp. The only catch to these solutions is that you require a copy of windows to install if you were to follow any of these alternatives.

The only RPG I know of (my Mac game knowledge is far from vast) is the MMORPG World of Warcraft, which has a mac version installer built into every copy of the game and is fully Mac Compatible.

WoW runs on my Macbook at a nice 50-60 FPS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Diablo, Diablo II, World of Warcraft, Neverwinter Nights, and Neverwinter Nights 2 are all rpgs with a Mac version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.