CS3 and Leopard?

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm new here and realatively new to the Mac enviroment. I also recently purchased CS3 and installed. I have also just bought "Leopard" but have not installed yet, as I am presently enrolled in a graphic design class and do not want to have to deal with any potential problems or conflicts while working on class projects.
I would love to hear from anyone who has loaded both "leapord" and CS3 and hear about your experiences, IE: problems, conflicts....ETC.
You can privately message me if you wish.
Thank You,
And Good Luck
Ephriam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core 2 Duo 1.83GHz 2x160GB HDD 2GB RAM
I am runing CS3 in Leopard without any problems. It works realy smooth. I used it in Tiger and now in Leopard I don't see any exceptions too. You can use CS3 in Leopard boldly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
You may have a problem if you install CS3 on a fresh Leopard install. If you install it on Tiger, then upgrade, you should be OK.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
ok... what if you did a simple upgrade to Leopard and then installed CS3... ?? Will it still CS3 install properly??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
maybe. It seems to have a problem installing when Safari 3 is on the computer. I can't say if it will or will not work. It might.

OP
E
Reaction score
Well, It sounds like the over all verdict is that "Leapord" and Adobe CS3 merge well. I'm still going to wait to download "leapord" as I'm still behind in my class, and they still use CS2....at school.
From what I can tell, The "leapord" might not be that much different from the AdobeCS3 "Bridge". Weird to me!.....You look and see.
Ephriam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
why do you keep typing Leopard, "leopard"? Anyways. The biggest problems with the CS3 suite has been with Acrobat, Premier, and After effects.

The other design apps have been reported to be working just fine, it's just a couple applications from the adobe suite that is having some conflict issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Reaction score
You may have a problem if you install CS3 on a fresh Leopard install. If you install it on Tiger, then upgrade, you should be OK.

I did a clean install and I have no problems with CS3.

The only issue I have noticed is that Adobe Acrobat Professional doesn't work 100% but Adobe stated that on their web site. The update to fix the issue will be posted in December or January.

OP
E
Reaction score
I keep calling Leopard, Leapord because I'm really bad speller. Use "spell check" when I can but haven't found it here yet. SORRY!
Thanks for all the in put folks!
Still think I'll wait till my class is over to upgrade, knowing my luck. If there's a "glich" to be found....I'll find it.
Also I'd like to get an external hard drive back up, before I start.
Already had some problems with loading CS3 with OSX "tigar" but that was due to conflicts with expired trial versions of photoshop and Illustrator.
The list goes on. Kodak software update screwed up all my pictures as well. etc.etc.etc.
Thanks agian All.
(for boosting my confidance about Leopard)
WBTC (Way Behind The Curve)
Ephriam

Reaction score
OMG...you spelleded TIGER "tigar"....!!!!

What's next...??? Windoze...???

Welcome to the Forum...I'm also new...Some "interesting" personalities here...

AIX

Reaction score
I installed it on a fresh Leopard install with no problem (brand new iMac).... At school, they have it installed on Windows machines and I transport files between there and home with no compatibility issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I've only had problems with Dreamweaver. It crashes at the drop of a hat.

I've yet to try a reinstall though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4
You might want to take a look at My weekend with Leopard and CS3 over at Macworld.

With the exception of the few people on various forums, CS3 and Leopard are working quite well together. The reported Acrobat problem is only if you use the PDF printer driver to create PDFs, rather than using Distiller.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.