Can I use boot camp to return to previous system software?

Reaction score
After having installed Leopard, none of my music software or hardware works. This is because MOTU (Mark of the Unicorn) haven't got round to releasing drivers and updates. How stupid of me for not checking! So what can I do? I don't fancy uninstalling Leopard. Can I use Boot camp to put Tiger back on or even put Tiger on a separate hard disk and boot up from there? Any help would be appreciated.

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, ephraim.

I will try my best to make some things clearer for you.

Boot Camp is for having a Windoze partition (with the M$ OS on it) on your hard drive so it has nothing to do with running multiple OS X installs simultaneously.

Time Machine, as far as I know, is only to retrieve some files you worked on or deleted: I'm not sure at this point if it can be used to downgrade a Leopard install since I don't use Leopard myself at the moment.

One thing I do know is that Time Machine cannot be used to downgrade to Mac OS X 10.4.x Tiger: the type of file Time Machine generates is not compatible with Tiger, I have heard.

You will have to use your Tiger install disk to downgrade and reinstall the software you need: unless you did a backup on an external hard drive just prior to installing Leopard. I would suggest you use the Erase and Install option.

Since you can't run Leopard and Tiger on the same machine, this will delete Leopard from your hard drive but because you have your OS X Leopard install disk, you'll be able to reinstall it when the software you need is finally updated to make it compatible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.