Will mini go Santa Rosa?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
I heard Apple is planning to discontinue Mini. If that's true, we might not see an upgrade. But it is very difficult to predict on Apple products.

Reaction score
If they don't discontinue it then it should see the SR chipset in the next 2-7 months or so.

OP
B
Reaction score
If mini does go SR then it would be cool to put 4 GB of RAM inside and it would definitely fly ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06GHz 8GB of RAM 2TB HDD, 13" Aluminum MacBook 2.0GHz 4GB of RAM 500GB HDD
Yeah I hope they keep the mini around and upgrade it with discrete graphics as well. That would really bring over a lot of potential switchers with its lower price point.

Reaction score
That is true. I love the mini. If I was still a windows user and wanted to switch it would be so easy to buy a cheaper mini; 1. I would already have a keyboard, mouse, desktop from my PC (hence, bring your own theme from apple) and 2. it is a lot cheaper than the iMacs. Also, think about it, the mac mini would get the user introduced to apple computers then possibly their next purchase down the road would be an iMac, Macbook, Mac Pro, ect...

So it would be of great interest to apple if they do not kill off the mini line.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Core 2.66, ATI 1900, 5 GB RAM, 750 GB Storage
Why would they switch when it runs the same chip as the iMac? (The 2.0GHZ machine.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.4ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hd,superdrive, OSX Leopard
i think the mini is a nice idea but i personally prefer the imac. I think all the apple line (if they're not discontinued) will go santa rosa eventuLLY, its just a logical upgrade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
it took them ages to get the Core2Duo into the mini it was upgraded a long time after the rest and they stil had coreduo in there so ti could take a while.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.