macbook pro dimming

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2.4ghz 15"
it mite be going mad but my 3 day old macbook pro seems to be diming every so often.. its only slightly..usually when its charging.. is dat normal?? this mite be stupid but its kind of annoying.. oh and where can i get good fan contol app for it too... it gets toasty on my lap...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP SR 2.2Ghz 15.4" LED
Fan Control...try smcFanControl

Dimming, Energy Saver and press options. Should be "Automatically reduce blah blah blah" There is a small issue with this. If you turn it off and restart/shut down your computer it will keep reducing even if the option is unchecked. Just open energy saver and check and then un-check every time you turn on your computer. So far this is the only solution to this problem I have found. Searched this forum and also others.

hope this helps!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" Gloss, 2.4 GHz C2D, 4GB DDR2, 160 GB @ 7200 HDD, 256 MB 8600M GT
it mite be going mad but my 3 day old macbook pro seems to be diming every so often.. its only slightly..usually when its charging.. is dat normal?? this mite be stupid but its kind of annoying.. oh and where can i get good fan contol app for it too... it gets toasty on my lap...

This might sound trivial, but I hope it's not the ambient light sensor you are talking about.

The MacBook Pro has an ambient light sensor that automatically dims, brightens the screen & keyboard depending on the light conditions it's in. There are two sensors, right under each of the speakers.

Is it by chance that you partially cover the sensor when you plug in your MBP when you plug it in?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.