Question about burning image to a CD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.16Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB Hard drive, Leopard
Greetings all! I just switched over to a Mac in order to make use of Aperture. However, I am running into a problem that is giving me a major headache. In Adobe Lightroom I could burn images to a CD, and if there were more than would fit on one cd it would automatically overflow onto multiple cds. I can't find anything for the Mac that would allow any such behavior, and I don't want to burn DVDs. There is one program available as Linux source code called multicd (http://danborn.net/multiCD/) that also requires Perl and cdrecord. Is there any other way for data to overflow to the next CD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Toast will do it, not sure what else will.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.16Ghz, 2GB RAM, 120GB Hard drive, Leopard
never fails- I search for hours, finally post a question, then find the answer two minutes later *smacks head* I found a program called disco (http://www.discoapp.com/) that will span discs, and it's only $30. Not a full-featured set like toast, but at 1/3rd of the cost I think it'll work. So far the demo has worked wonderfully- splitting a ~1.5 GB folder over three disks. If there are subfolders it seems to split the data up that way- one disk was a mere 50 meg with just a couple images in a small folder. When I put all of the images into one folder it just divided them up into 650meg/disk. Seems to work pretty good. Thanks for the speed response, though. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions. Cheerio!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.