Do you still have any freezing issues after the update?

Reaction score
Imac returned

I just called apple this morning and returned my imac 24" 2.8 ghz that i had purchased from apple.com. Its just not worth it to pay 2500 and have a computer that doesn't work. I figure when they fix the problem I will go back and buy. For now i am using my macbook. A little small but does the same job.

Reaction score
ive reinstalled OSX yesterday late evening. ereased everthing and reistalled again - freshh os. ive installed updates (with having all other apps like itunes, iphoto closes - as adviced) and since yesterday it frozen twice. yesterday got black screen, today morning while scrooling through itunes library - unbelivable :/ feel really dissapointed...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac
There was information on Mac Rumors that it is a hardware issue and has nothing to do with software.

Reaction score
I've had my new iMac (well, first mac) for just under 24 hours. It has already locked up to the point where I've had to disconnect the power to it 3 times. The problem doesn't seem to be the 3D like other people are experiencing (I've tested all the 3D screensavers in fullview), but just doing general tasks. I minimized iTunes; lock up with stuttering sound. I scrolled through a Wikipedia article (with a single image); lock up. I was at Apple's site on the main page for trailers; lock up.

I have a 24" iMac with the 2.4ghz and 2GB of memory. Do these seem like hardware issues or just general bugs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20", 2.16GHz,2Gb Ram, 256MB Graphic card. 80Gig Ipod
ok here is the deal hardware- software. I don’t really care and I hope you guys don’t either!!! They know that the machines are having problems, and the are not willing to tell anyone about it. (why would they tell potential customers, hey we don’t want your money) Here is the real issue. I took my computers back to them and got my money back. I told my friend don’t get one until they fix the issues. He did not listen to me and he is having the same problems. They will not take it back now. They are blaming him for the issues. Apple was willing to take computers back at the beginning due to the fact that they were hopping to have the issue resolve by now. That is not happening so I agree with the person that made the point earlier “the longer you wait the worse for you” I’m waiting to get another mac, I will wait few months or years until that happens.

Reaction score
Im taking mine back tomorrow for a third trip to the genius bar. Last night they ran a bunch of tests and told me it was a corrupted OS. That day I got my copy of Leopard in the mail so he told me if I loaded it then I should be ok but if it didnt work to bring the Mac back and they would resolve it.

I go back tomorrow and Im going to tell them if they still dont know what the issue is after tomorrow that I want a a new machine or a full refund.

I really like the iMac but I wish I would have bought another Dell. At least with the Dell I didnt have issues until about 3 years into it. Not worth it.

Reaction score
I took it back today. I told them I was still having issues and would like a new machine. They said "sure thing" and gave me a new machine. SO far its working great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
Yes, it is simply silly that any of you with these problems have not just exchanged your machine for a new one. It is a hardware issue plain and simple. Saying you returned it and will wait for them to fix the problem is just odd to say given it is not an IMAc problem it is just a extremely rare case of a bad video card. If any of you with an issue simply exchange your imac your issue will be resolved....

Also, it has nothing to do with heat. Some of these cards simply can't run the 3d engine.

Reaction score
ironically mine got better. seems like in my case it was software problem so i suggest trying and dont panic!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.