Leopard installation issues with G5

Reaction score
Ok I have installed 3 macbooks with it and no real issues with the installs other then mail. I get to my 4th install on a g5 and form the install page
the screen goes gray our beach ball spins for 4 and a half hours then stops
and nothing. Do not I did not get to pick how I wanted it installed as was prompted in the other macs and did not pic a HD I was not worried about this being there is only one drive in the g5
So turned it off and then turned it on a Apple showed up and that was it for 30 mins other then noise out of the speakers. After waiting ages on the phone with apple When they picked up I was not at the computer they said to boot for them DVD buy turing on the computer and pressing C Well need less to say this has failed me.
Any Ideals and yes this is a family pack.

Reaction score
i have he same prob i have a macbook pro prefect install then a imac 24' perfect mini mac perfect but my PPC G5 i been having probs with too much lag the biggest prob witch i hate on the PPC G5 No video drops for ichat ......

OP
G
Reaction score
Any one else have this issue ? if so how did you get around it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
Did you install 3rd party ram? I had a similar issue with my MacBook and brought it to apple and they put in "apple" ram and it installed fine. I then spent 300 bucks on putting 2 gigs in it but I have no more issues.

OP
G
Reaction score
this machine has nothing but apple products in it. and no software installed other then what it comes with. So I dont know what the issue is.

OP
G
Reaction score
Ok guys and gals i am a total tool. after all this trouble guess how much ram is in the machine? yep not enough I could not believe there was only 256mb in the machine. This is the dumbest mistake. I put back in panther (never bother to upgrade that machine to tiger) and will get a gig and install again. Sorry for the trouble.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM
Maybe even two gigs of RAM, (crucial.com has very good prices)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM
Good price for 2x1gb LINK, Dont really know the specs of your comp but hopefully these will work, they worked for my macbook, but that could be because of the x86 architecture. anyways yeah, 2 gigs you will love

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.