Macbook Pro Slowing Down

Reaction score
A few days ago I went to open Microsoft Word to type a paper, and it was very slow opening and I had to force quit it. I restarted my computer, and when I got back to my desktop, there was a "Recovered Files" folder in my harddrive. This happened several times. Later in the night, Safari started to act up, and I had to force quit it as well. Also, whenever I drag something to my trash, the text above the icon in my dock, such as "trash", that shows up when you drag the icon to the trash, stays there and I have to right click on the trash icon so the white box will pop up and the text will go away.

I really have no idea why my Macbook Pro started to mess up so much lately. All I have running is safari, adium, and itunes.

I got my Macbook Pro this july, and I haven't had any problems until now. It has a 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 2 GB Ram.

Where would you guys recomend I start to fix this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
run its going to blow up. lol

try using onyx and clean up your hard drive a little. this might help

OP
B
Reaction score
I just installed the newest Macbook Pro update and it seems to be running a little better now

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.